- any of numerous small widely distributed oscine birds that have a short bill, long pointed wings, and often a deeply forked tail and that feed on insects caught on the wing
- Activity: Diurnal
- Type: Birds
- Length: 5.1 inches
- Wingspan: Up to 11.8 inches
We are certified installers of Bird•B•Gone deterrents!
Cliff Swallows arrive in Southern California in early February after a long migration from South America. Swallows build mud nests – often high up under the eaves of your building.
Swallows are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Therefore, if their nests are more than 50% complete, the swallows may NOT be disturbed, except between October-March. Swallows build nests very quickly! If you see an empty nest forming (no eggs, no birds!), we recommend:
- spray the nests with a water hose
- call us immediately so that we may install a permanent deterrent
IMPORTANT — in California, a permit is required to handle Swallows and their nests, when the nests contain eggs or birds.
Call Advanced Wildlife Removal at 714.862.9687 for expert bird control. Safe, humane eviction of swallows and other birds is usually completed in two (2) days. Permanent deterrents may take a bit longer for installation.
As certified installers of Bird•B•Gone deterrents, we will recommend the best permanent solution to meet your needs, such as bird netting and bird slopes.
- Bird netting comes in a variety of mesh sizes and is impenetrable to birds
- Bird slopes are slippery PVC panels designed with an angular shape – carefully installed on eaves, ledges and other areas
Accepting New Appointments Now
We proudly offer wildlife control services in these cities throughout:
- Bakersfield and Surrounding Cities
- Los Angeles County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- West San Bernardino County
We accept new appointments daily — please call Advanced Wildlife Removal at 714.862.9687 to schedule bird control service.
Submit Your Request
Bird removal and bird control are urgent matters. We respond the same day — as soon as we can.
Advanced Wildlife Removal is licensed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to handle wildlife, such as swallows and other birds.